Forum 5

Firmware 6.02-7155 - Fix for GPS Epoch limit on 6th April 2019

RichardP

The attached firmware is the latest as of 22 April 2019 and fixes the GPS Epoch limitation in the BMW Nav computer.

This fix will allow the Intravee to set the correct date even though the BMW Nav computer does not correct for the current GPS Epoch (1024 week time periods).  The fix should work until 03:14:07 UTC on 19 January 2038 when the time_t variable used to hold the number of seconds elapsed since 1 Jan 1970 will wrap round causing all sorts of time based mayhem - year 2K will have nothing on this!

fw-app-256 - extras V6.02-7155.zip

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Yes, you need the downloader tool, I've attached it here.

Quick version of instructions :

1) Run downloader-v7.50-44.exe.

2) First time you use it, select 'File' then 'Coms Setup' from the menu.  Select the COM port you are going to use from the drop down list, any available port should have it's name by the side of the port number.  Do not change the Baud rate from 115200.

3) Select 'File' then 'Open Firmware' and select the .BLF file you want to program.

4) Select 'File' then 'Program Firmware', wait for the programming to finish.

The Intravee must be connected to the car and powered up, I would very strongly recommend you do the update with a battery charger connected or the engine running.

This should be all you need to do, there may be some settings on a USB COM port that would improve the speed, but they are all slightly different so I'll not go into that here.

downloader-v7.50-44.exe

• 4 weeks later...

If any feasible new features could be added in the small amount of remaining space then I'm happy to have a go.  But realistically I think it's pushed the envelope as far as it can with the resources and technology that are available.

• 3 weeks later...